Monday 19 May 2014

Shaking off the dust

I knew it had been a while since I'd last blogged anything but still, I'm shocked that it's been over 3 years. I've been toying with the idea of restarting the blog for a while now. I was going to do a Lou Reed tribute post when he died but, obviously, that didn't happen. Too many times I've put restarting the blog off. Ultimately it's easier to put things off but much less satisfying. The balance tipped from easy to dissatisfied enough to make me write this. To tie it back to the blog's title, I'm ready to move back from thought to expression.

So, what now? The blog will be different. It won't feature mp3s anymore, unless bands/artists ask me too, but it will still feature music. I'll use it to talk about other things that interest me too. Books, films, comics and I'm sure other things that I can't think of right now.

Of course a blog is written to be read but I'm under (almost) no illusions, I'm writing this for me mainly. I hope visitors do come along and do enjoy what they read but I'll be writing what I want to write, what I want to talk about. I think my first few posts will be talking about some of my favourite film directors, what I love about their films, why I love them. I'll be doing some general housekeeping as well. I want to change the look of the blog, make it lighter. And find a new picture for the header.

This is enough for now, I think. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment