Monday 13 July 2009

Covers for Sunday

OK, so where I live it's just Monday morning, technically. But I haven't been to bed yet so I still consider it Sunday.

With some covers I like the original and the cover and that's good. But others I dislike the original but really like the cover. I think that's the mark of a really well done cover. The first two covers today fall into that category for me. I hope you them and the other songs I've posted.

Bohemian Rhapsody by The Flaming Lips (originally by Queen)

Faith by The Boy Least Likely To (originally by George Michael)

Candy Says by Anthony and the Johnsons (originally by The Velvet Underground)

Running To Stand Still by Elbow (originally by U2)

2+2=5 (The Lukewarm) from The Bluegrass Tribute To series (originally by Radiohead)

Thirteen by Wilco (originally by Big Star)

No comments:

Post a Comment