Monday 6 September 2010

Covers for Sunday

Let My Love Open The Door by M Ward (originally by Pete Townshend). I won't waste my time or yours telling you again how much I enjoy M Ward's work. The original was Pete Townshend's first solo single release.

I Know There's An Answer by Sonic Youth (originally by The Beach Boys). If you're even a little bit familiar with either of these bands, and let's face it you are, you can probably guess how good this is.

Alison by Everything But The Girl (originally by Elvis Costello). I'm not a huge fan of Everything But The Girl, perhaps because my elder brother was. This comes from 1992 and gives a reasonable taster of their sound before the huge hit that was Missing.

London Calling by Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, Steven Van Zandt and Dave Grohl (originally by The Clash). I was a bit sceptical about this before I heard it, I thought it might be a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth. I was wrong, this is excellent.

Addicted To Love by Tom Hanway & Blue Horizon (originally by Robert Palmer). Another bluegrass cover, and an excellent one at that, I know how much you all enjoy these.

C.R.E.A.M. by El Michels Affair (originally by The Wu Tang Clan). A while back I posted the El Michels Affair's cover of Bring Da Ruckus. This is cut from the same cloth; laid back, funk & soul influenced genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment