Tuesday 10 June 2014

Stuck

Some songs get stuck in your head, even if it has been months since you heard it. Something calls them to mind and they're there, in your mind. If it happens to me at work, where we have no music, the song can be stuck there for hours. Today it was Do You Remember The First Time by Pulp. Below is the live version from BBC2's New Years Eve show, Jools Holland's Hottenanny, from 2002.

I remember this performance. I watched it the next day on the New Year's Day repeat. I was 22 and had been dating a woman for 6 or 7 months. In two months it'll be our 9th wedding anniversary. Of course, that has nothing to do with why this song was stuck in my head today and it has no special relevance in my relationship with my wife. But it is why I chose this version for the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment