Sunday 24 October 2010

Covers for Sunday

This Land Is Your Land by Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (originally by Woody Guthrie). A fantastic soul cover of this folk classic. Chances are you've already heard plenty of Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings but on the off chance you've missed or skipped them here's a good place to start.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Handle Me With Care by Jenny Wilson and The Watson Twins feat Ben Gibbard, Conor Oberst and M Ward (originally by The Traveling Wilburys). I'm not a huge fan of The Traveling Wilburys by any means, though my wife is, but this is a pretty good cover of a decent song.

Let It Be by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds (originally by The Beatles). I dreamed about putting this in my blog earlier today, I guess that's not too good a sign.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No Surprises by Regina Spektor (originally by Radiohead). This falls in the 'surprised I haven't posted this before' category.

Pretty In Pink by The National (originaly by The Psychedelic Furs). More goodness from my current obsession, The National.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Give A Little Bit by Sarah Masen (originally by Supertramp). Supertramp are another band my wife likes that I don't. Let me reassure you though that I will not be posting David Hasselhoff covers on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment