Monday 24 January 2011

Covers for Sunday

Sorry this is a day late, yesterday I spilled coffee on my keyboard and as one of the delights of living in England is shops that sell keyboards tend to close at 4pm there was no way I could post anything yesterday.

Femme Fatale by Big Star (originally by The Velvet Underground). I mentioned this cover on Saturday's post, it's so good I thought I'd include it this week.

Kangaroo by Beck (originally by Big Star). While we're on Big Star covers I thought this fit nicely.

50 Ways To Leave Your Lover by The Brad Mehldau Trio (originally by Paul Simon). It's been far too long since the Brad Mehldau Trio have been featured so here's another of their excellent covers.

Bulletproof by Lou Barlow (originally by La Roux). I don't like the original of this, it's far too 80's, but this cover is pretty enjoyable.

I Get Around by Red Hot Chili Peppers (originally by The Beach Boys). This sounds exactly how you'd imagine.

Keep The Car Running by Foo Fighters (originally by Arcade Fire). From a radio session for the BBC, sorry for the exceptionally irritating DJ after the song has finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment