Sunday 6 July 2014

Sunday Music


I had hoped to get more posts up this week but instead I have 4 or 5 partially completed posts for future use. On to the music.


I first came across Spearmint only a couple of years ago. They are one of the rare brand of UK post-Britpop but still kid of Britpop sounding bands that are actually good. Sweeping The Nation by Spearmint




Easy Star is a record label most well known for recording dubbed versions of classic albums. Each album has different musicians selected to fit the songs. The first album released was Dub Side of the Moon, followed by Radiodread (a cover of OK Computer) and these two albums are two of my very favourites. Eventually I'll get the time to listen to Easy Star's Lonely Hearts Dub Band, I'm pretty confident that'll be equally great. Time by Easy Star All-Stars




This version of She's Lost Control is my favourite Joy Division recording by far. I'd talk about it more, but there's really nothing to say, just listen to it. She's Lost Control (Peel Session version) by Joy Division




These two tracks are from Tricky's second album released under his name, Pre-Millennium Tension.  This is a much heavier and darker album than Maxinquaye as part of a deliberate attempt to get away from the trip-hop label that he disliked.Christiansands by Tricky


Tricky Kid by Tricky


Finally one of my favourite songs with one of my favourite and weirdest videos. The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song by The Flaming Lips


No comments:

Post a Comment