Sunday 9 August 2009

Covers For Sunday

It's Sunday again, here are your covers. There's a tendency when I do these posts to choose covers that are folk versions, or at the least acoustic versions. I don't know exactly why, but most of the covers I have seem to fall into that category. I don't know if that's representative of other peoples' collections or not. I don't mean to imply there's anything wrong with folk covers, there isn't. If you like them you should check out Cover Lay Down from my blog list on the side.

So anyway to avoid having all acoustic cover versions I've included Black Kids, who are quite far away from folk. I hope you enjoy all the tracks.

All Apologies by Ben Gibbard (originally by Nirvana)

Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover by Black Kids (originally by Sophie B. Hawkins)

Creep by Damien Rice (originally by Radiohead)

You Know I'm No Good by On Film (originally by Amy Winehouse)

Theologians by Donavon Frankenreiter (originally by Wilco)

No comments:

Post a Comment