Sunday 16 August 2009

Covers for Sunday

Normally I don't actually choose the songs that I'm going to feature until an hour or so before I post them. I might have a couple of songs picked out that I want to share with whoever happens to read this, but more often it's a case of spending Sunday afternoon listening to a playlist full of covers and seeing what sticks out.

That hasn't been the case this week. I've had four of the covers sorted for most of the week, and then I decided that the cover of Idioteque would be included yesterday and this morning Nobody Does It Better popped into my head and the six tracks were all chosen. I hope you enjoy them all.

All My Friends by John Cale (originally by LCD Soundsystem)

I Kissed A Girl by Travis (originally by Kate Parry)

Can't Get You Out Of My Head by The Flaming Lips (originally by Kylie Minogue)

I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Amy Millan (originally by Death Cab For Cutie)

Idioteque by Calico Horse (originally by Radiohead)

Nobody Does It Better by Radiohead (originally by Carly Simon)

No comments:

Post a Comment