Sunday 7 February 2010

Covers for Sunday

And this brings us up to date.

Oh My God by Lily Allen and Mark Ronson (originally by Kaiser Chiefs). I came across this earlier today on Hype machine. Lily Allen's vocals are good, even if I don't normally enjoy listening to her singing, and Mark Ronson's omnipresent horns are as good as usual. Everything a cover should be, even if I'm not quite sure if I like it or not.

Personal Jesus by Lisa Hannigan (originally by Depeche Mode). This is just phenomenal. I'd have never thought this song would work with the dulcimer as the main instrument, shows how little I know.

All My Friends by Franz Ferdinand (originally by LCD Soundsystem). This came up on shuffle on my mp3 player on the way to Mass. I took the bus this week so I could have an extra 10 minutes in bed. I think I have more covers of all my friends than any other song. If I remember I'll post them all next week.

Take On Me by A.C. Newman (originally by A-Ha). Just a lovely cover, well worth listening to regardless of your feelings about the original.

Jigsaw Falling Into Place by Stingray Music (originally by Radiohead). When I was really young Stingray was my favourite Gerry Anderson series, but then as I started secondary school and they started rerunning Captain Scarlet I grew to like that more. I mention this because there's no point me describing the cover of Radiohead. You're either going to download it or not, and nothing I say will change your mind. I don't know why its like this with Radiohead, but it is.

Enjoy the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment