Thursday 11 February 2010

On shuffle

new music on my hard drive gets put in a separate folder, a holding area if you will, before I've listened to it a couple of times and decided if I like it or not. I was listening to this tonight on shuffle and thought I'd share a random selection of songs from it.

Russian Literature by Maximo Park. I've been listening to them more and more over the last couple of weeks. I've got an excellent cover of there's lined up for this weeks Covers for Sunday. Given how popular there cover of Just Dance was I think you'll like this as well.

Cone Of Light by Almighty Defenders. King Khan, Mark Sultan and The Black Lips together. You should need no more convincing to listen to this, and if you do you're probably reading the wrong blog.

Deception by Blackalicious. I've got no idea what this song is doing in my new music folder. I first heard this song in 2003, loved it then and still do. But it is a great excuse to post it here. Some more hip-hop coming to the blog soonish, maybe this week but probably next week.

Freedom and Its Owner by Kings of Convenience. Like Blackalicious they've been around for nearly 10 years and only have 3 albums out. They did a couple of great covers early on that I'll feature in Covers for Sunday soon.

The Mystery Zone by Spoon. More goodness from Spoon. They seem to be the hottest indie band around at the moment, well deserved as well.

That's it for now, enjoy the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment