Sunday 21 February 2010

Covers for Sunday

Apologies for the total lack of posts this week and apologies for the shortness of this post. I'll catch up on the posts I've missed during the week. Until then, here's your six covers, I hope you enjoy them.

I Could Be With Anyone by Manchester Orchestra (originally by Kevin Devine). Manchester Orchestra and Kevin Devine have been touring together since 2008 and have a split album due out soon.

Reptilia by Punch Brothers (originally by The Strokes). Another bluegrass style cover, they always seem to go down well. I've come to really appreciate the mandolin since I started this blog.

Solsbury Hill by Kyte (originally by Peter Gabriel). Covers of Peter Gabriel seem to have become more popular since Vampire Weekend started grabbing attention. I like this more than most of them.

Crazy by The Kooks (originally by Gnarls Barkley). This may be the most covered song of the last 5 years. It seems that way at least.

Let's Go Crazy by Riverboat Gamblers (originally by Prince). Some bands are just full of energy, this is one of them.

Lemon Tree by iZi (originally by Fool's Garden). Since Allister's cover of Time after Time last week was so popular I decided to include another punk-pop cover. iZi are a Turkish band, but the song's in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment