Monday 1 March 2010

Covers for Sunday

Another week with a neglected blog. There should be some sort of organisation you can report me too where they send me to a re-education centre and teach me to write blogs in advance when I've got spare time.

I will start doing that and I will, eventually, make up for the missing blogs. Anyway, on to the covers.

The Killing Moon by Greg Laswell (originally by Echo & The Bunnymen). It's a really good cover of a really good song. what more can you want?

The Final Countdown - The Toy Dolls (originally by Europe). If the answer to the above question is kazoo's then this songs for you. Think about it. The Final Countdown, played with kazoos. If you don't listen to this, how could you ever look at yourself in the mirror again?

Times Like These - Ryan Adams (originally by Foo Fighters).
13 by Elliot Smith (originally by Big Star). With both of these covers you should pretty much be able to know what they sound like without hearing them. They're exactly as good as you imagine.

California Stars by Libby Donovan (originally by Wilco). A nice countrified cover.

Well, Well, Well by Cold War Kids (originally by John Lennon). I think this may be my favourite band name. Growing up in the 80's at the end of the Cold War, all the paranoia and siren tests and Thatcher and a divided Europe, I was always going to love this band. The fact that they are brilliant is merely a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment