Sunday 14 March 2010

Covers for Sunday

Even the less than observant amongst you will have noticed I haven't blogged for a while. No posts for a week and a half, and no answering e-mails either. So if you're waiting for a response from me you'll get it soon.

I hope you haven't missed me too much. Here are this weeks covers. Actually I chose them a couple of weeks ago ready for posting today. So I am slightly more organised than before. Small steps, I'm no Coltrane.

Suddenly Everything Has Changed by The Postal Service (originally by Flaming Lips). More Flaming Lips goodness. I didn't think Ben Gibbard's voice would work on this and it'd just seem awful compared to the original. I'm glad to be wrong.

Breed by Steve Earle (originally by Nirvana)

I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man by Eels (originally by Prince). E is, for my money, the possessor of the best beard in music.

All My Friends by The Main Drag (originally by LCD Soundsystem). This is the 3rd or 4th cover of this song I've featured. The new LCD Soundsystem album is due for release next month.

Friday I'm In Love by Glo-Worm (originally by The Cure). Some songs are part of your childhood and you love them but when you listen to them when you're older you realise they are terrible. But with some songs you listen to them and they're as good as ever and you love them even more. Friday I'm In Love is one of those songs.

True Love Will Find You In The End by Spiritualized (originally by Daniel Johnston). Just lovely in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment