Thursday 4 March 2010

Black Grape reform

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As you'll have noticed I don't normally do upcoming gigs here. But when I got an e-mail that Black Grape were going to be playing live for the first time since 1997.

That's right. Black Grape are playing live. So you can understand why I made this my first upcoming gig mention. One of the great British bands of the mid-90's they never really got the attention they deserved, despites their debut album getting to #1.

They're being supported by, among others, The Sunshine Underground. I guess you'll have heard quite a bit of them recently as they released their second album, Nobody's Coming to Save You, last month.

The gig is on 1st April at The Coronet, London. More specifically it's at Elephant and Castle (which I swear is a real place with a tube station and everything), in south London. I can't think of a better way to spend April Fools Day.

More information here.

Of course, here's a couple of tracks from the bands:

Kelly's Heroes by Black Grape, my personal favourite Black Grape track.

Panic Attack by The Sunshine Underground, from their debut album Raise The Alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment