Sunday 28 March 2010

Covers for Sunday

Sorry for the lack of Covers for Sunday last week, things are just a bit hectic at the moment. Also, I'm very sorry to everyone who has e-mailed me that I haven't gotten back to yet. I will as soon as I can.

On to the covers.

I Will Survive by Cake (originally by Gloria Gaynor). Even though I Will Survive is a song I detest, mainly because drunken recently single women think it'd be great to sing loudly and with feeling on a karaoke machine. It's not, you can't sing and no amount of bombast will ever make up for that.

Maps by Rogue Wave (originally by Yeah Yeah Yeahs). I know you've probably all heard this but on the off chance you haven't you should download and listen to it now, even if you don't like the original.

Bring Da Ruckus by El Michels Affair (originally by Wu Tang Clan). A really nice laid back, funky instrumental cover. Highly recommended.

Lay All Your Love On Me by Woodpigeon (originally by Abba). I don't like Abba at all. I know some people consider that some sort of sin. However my Abba dislike can't hide from me that this cover is absolutely fantastic.

You Can Call Me Al by Jens Lekman (originally by Paul Simon). Another song I'm not a fan of the original, it's just too tied into being a child in the 80's I suppose. But this is a lovely cover, very folky.

Hairshirt by Glen Hansard (originally by REM). The original is one of my favourite REM songs. Given how much I love REM that's a pretty big compliment. And this is one of my favourite covers. I'm surprised I haven't featured it before.

That's it for this week, I hope you enjoy all the covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment