Wednesday 23 December 2009

Merry Christmas

I am generally a pretty grumpy guy. This is balanced somewhat by the fact my wife is possibly the least grumpy person in the world. I do love Christmas though, with all its flaws. Except one. Christmas music. The sound of the same old (or in some cases new, yes I'm looking at you Peter Kay) retarded songs every year annoy me intensely. There's no need for it, there are plenty of good Christmas songs.

Here I present to you a collection of Christmas songs. They cover all sorts of genres; traditional, jazz, reggae, indie (I know that's not really a genre, rock and soul, old and new, as well as more traditional Christmas songs. I've tried to avoid repeating artists, although there are 3 Sufjan Stevens songs, and there is no repeating of songs by different artists.

Anyway, enjoy the Christmas songs, 100% Roy Wood and Noddy Holder free.

Merry Christmas.

I Wish It Was Christmas Today - Julian Casablancas

O Holy Night - Sufjan Stevens

Star Of Wonder - Sufjan Stevens

Did I Make You Cry On Christmas Day? (Well, You Deserved It!) - Sufjan Stevens

Santa Claus - Lee Scratch Perry

The First Noel - Chet Baker

Christ Was Born on Christmas Morn - Cotton Top Mountain Sanctified Singers

Father Christmas - The Kinks

Christmas In New Orleans - Louis Armstrong

Everything's Going To Be Cool This Christmas - Eels

My Favorite Christmas (In A Hundred Words Or Less) - Of Montreal

Silent Night - Sinéad O'Connor

Are You Coming Over for Christmas - Belle and Sebastian

Christmas Eve - Gorky's Zygotic Mynci

White Christmas - Otis Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment