Saturday 29 May 2010

On Shuffle

I'm short of time today so it's just songs I've been listening to lately. No real connection between them, except I've listened to them all and enjoyed them all recently.

I Know There's An Answer by The Beach Boys. Not one of their best known songs, but just as good as them. I've never really been a huge Beach Boys fan but I've been getting more and more into them over the last month or two.

As We Enter by Nas & Damien Marley. I knew as soon as Distant Relatives was announced it was going to be awesome, and it is. If you've read this blog for a while you'll know I listen to all sorts of different types and styles of music, maybe that's why I like this. More likely it's because it's really good. As a bonus if you go to the Distant Relatives site you can download another track from the album.

Autoclave by Mountain Goats. It took me a while to really get into Mountain Goats but when I did it was well worth the effort. It's not that it's in anyway inaccessible or difficult music, it just took a while to click for me. John Darnielle is an incredible lyricist and this song is one of his best.

No comments:

Post a Comment