Sunday 30 May 2010

Uncovered on Saturday

It's been a long time since I've done one of these. Same with Covers for Sunday, which is back tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the tracks. It's a very eclectic mix this week, I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Secret Beach - Brad Mehldau Trio. I've had this post almost all ready since before my absence. The only track I couldn't find was something by the Brad Mehldau Trio that I thought would be suitable for everyone. But now I've found it.

Stumblefoot - Vitamin String Quartet. This isn't a band that does a lot of original pieces, I think this is one of only two released on record. It's very good though, hopefully there'll be more original compositions in the future to go with their excellent covers.

I Wasn't Made For Fighting - Woodhands. Their cover of Eddy Grant's Electric Avenue was very popular when I posted it, I'll be interested t see if this reaches a similar level.

Wolf Like Me - TV On The Radio. It's TV On The Radio so you shouldn't need me to tell you that it's absolutely fantastic. One of their best songs.

Passion Play - William Fitzsimmons. His cover of King Of Wishful Thinking was my first exposure to William Fitzsimmons and I've been enjoying his music ever since. He's apparently been featured on the soundtrack to loads of different TV shows, so there's a chance you'll recognise his music even if you don't recognise the name.

Summerlong - Emm Gryner. She has a gorgeous voice and is a great songwriter. What else do you need to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment