Wednesday 9 June 2010

On Shuffle

This should of been posted last night. In fact it would have been posted last night if not for mediafire playing up. The plan was to have Luke Haines' 21st Century Man posted, but mediafire's still refusing to host it. The whole point of On Shuffle is that the songs are what come up while I've got iTunes on shuffle, so I used that to choose a replacement.

Sorry for my incoherence this morning, but I am exhausted. Anyway, on to the music.

Coming Home - Murder By Death. Rock songs with a cello AND a singer that sounds not too disimilar to Nick Cave, what more do you want? Murder By Death are one of those bands that sound nothing like you'd imagine from their band name.

Answer To Yourself - The Soft Pack. After the brilliance of their EPs and the hype that had built up I was a bit worried that The Soft Pack's debut album wouldn't live up to expectations. As soon as I heard this single I knew there was no need to worry.

Adair - The Mountain Goats This is the song that iTunes picked at random to replace 21st Century Man. Of course The Mountain Goats and Luke Haines have little in common. Both produce great songs with exceptionally well-written lyrics, that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment