Sunday 6 June 2010

Uncovered on Saturday

Normally Uncovered on Saturday features six songs but for the last few hours mediafire has steadfastly refused to upload two of the songs I had planned, so there are only four this week. If I can get them uploaded tomorrow I'll edit them in, otherwise there'll be eight songs next week.

Big Gay Heart (Demo) - The Lemonheads. A gorgeous song, the video for this is rather good, but it's disappeared from YouTube. This demo isn't too different from the album version, both are great songs.

Sexx Laws - Beck. Gloriously over the top, this is the song that made me fall in love with Beck. He also does a pretty good Marc Bolan impersonation in parts of the song.

Let The Distance Keep Us Together - Britt Daniel and Bright Eyes. It was almost impossible to find something with just Britt Daniel that wasn't a cover. I didn't want to just put a Spoon song in, great though they are, so instead I chose this. I think it's a pretty good choice.

Cosmic Love (live on BBC Radio 2) - Florence & The Machine. Sometimes I find Florence's singing off-putting, too full of audio gymnastics. This is an example of her, more or less, keeping her voice under control and it is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment