Sunday 13 June 2010

Uncovered on Saturday

We had a family picnic today and I spent several pleasant hours playing football with the kids. It's good to remember football can at least give my some pleasure today.

In The Sun - She & Him. The first of the two tracks mediafire wouldn't upload last week. I know I've mentioned this lots of times before, but I really like M Ward. The video to this is one of my favourites as well.



Reflection Of The Television - The Twilight Sad. The second of the tracks held over from last week.

Mista Mista - The Fugees. I decided not to go for one of The Fugees' songs that everyone has heard, so I chose thise, just to be contrary really. It's totally different from everything else I've ever posted on this blog.

Fly Away (live acoustic) - Lenny Kravitz. This song (the non-acoustic version) was featured on a car advert, Peugeot I think, and ended up at #1 in the UK on the back of that. It's his only UK #1.

Loved You Tonight - John West. It's a nice enough song, although not exactly the sort of thing I'll listen to again. I'm sure some of you will like it though, it's the sort of song that becomes a couple's "song"

That's Entertainment - The Jam. I love this song, it is a perfect slice of Englishness. It's also the first song I ever learned to play on the guitar.

I Can't Stand The Rain - Ann Peebles. Fitting that Ann Peebles should turn up today. I just bought Juiliet, Naked by Nick Hornby today and I first got into her after seeing her mentioned in High Fidelity.

I Wanna Make It Wit Chu (live) - Queens Of The Stone Age. Josh Homme: "Rock should be heavy enough for the boys and sweet enough for the girls." This isn't heavy, but it is kinda sweet. Good enough for boys & girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment