Saturday 26 June 2010

On Shuffle

I haven't been doing much blogging this week. That's because most of the time that I normally use to blog has been put aside for my search for Velvet Underground covers. So just to let you all know I'm still around and not neglecting you totally here's some music for you.

I Will Always Be Beat Down - John Frusciante. From the self-released download only album From The Sounds Inside. Today this is my favourite Frusciante track, today it'll probably be different. His solo work is very varied, not just from his playing for the Red Hot Chili Peppers but from album to album his music is very versatile and well worth investigating.

Theologians (live) - Jeff Tweedy. One of my favourite Wilco tracks, done her with just vocals and an acoustic guitar. I like this song so much that I can even forgive it for misrepresenting what theology is about.

Norway - Beach House. You've probably already heard this but if you haven't take the time to listen to it now. Gorgeous, ambient, indie pop, very listenable too. Which isn't the same as Easy Listening.

That's it, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment