Tuesday 6 July 2010

Live - Crazy

Gnarls Barkley's Crazy must be one of the most covered songs of the last five years or so. Understandably so, it's a great and catchy song, hip-hop without rap and it features everyone's favourite producer Danger Mouse.

I remember first hearing it as a small clip on an advert for the Zane Lowe shop and being instantly impressed. A couple of days later I was walking home from work listening to the radio on my phone (my mp3 player wasn't working properly) when it was mentioned Crazy would be played in full in a few minutes on Radio 1 (one of three stations I could get on my phone's rather inadequate radio). I got home, managed to tune the radio on my ancient turntable to Radio 1 in time, listened to it, loved it, and bought it as soon as it came out. I have no idea why I didn't just listen to Radio 1 online.

This is a live version recorded on Top Of The Pops. It features five violinists, a drummer, a bassist, a guitarist and three backing vocalists as well as Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse. You may have seen this before, everyone is dressed as a member of an airline crew. If not, this is even better than the studio version. If you have, well, you already knew that.

Crazy (mp3) - Gnarls Barkley (live on Top Of The Pops)




This was meant to be posted last night, but I had some software problems. So as recompense for it being late here's a bonus track & video:

Crazy (mp3) - Gnarls Barkley (live Star Wars version)

No comments:

Post a Comment