Friday 9 July 2010

Live - The Wagon

I grew up with two elder siblings a sister and a brother. My sister is 12 years older than me and had, and frankly still does have, pretty terrible taste in music. My brother, who is 9 years older than me, had great taste in music. He still more or less has good taste, but I know he has a Best Of The Beautiful South, although he denies it and that worries me.

Anyway. One of the advantages of having an older brother with good taste was growing up around music, starting to appreciate good music earlier and not listening to so much of the rubbish my classmates listened too. I got into lots of music that way, Martin Stephenson & The Daintees, Suede, REM, The Lemonheads for just a few examples.

Another band are/were Dinosaur Jr. The Wagon may be the first song I really fell in love with. Here's Dinosaur Jr. playing it live on The David Letterman show. Notice the house band playing along.

The Wagon (mp3) - Dinosaur Jr (live on The David Letterman Show)

No comments:

Post a Comment