Thursday 8 October 2009

30 years of barcodes

You may have noticed Google using a barcode instead of their logo for a day. There's nothing too unusual in that, there are often different logos used. In this case it was to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the introduction of barcodes.

I work in stock control so barcodes make my job so much easier that it's almost immeasurable. I'm aware however that most people view barcodes as either some sort of dystopian way of controlling all of humanity or really dull. I'm sure most of you have already skipped to the mp3s so I'll just leave it at this. I know far more about barcodes than most people, including me, will ever really need to know and when the totalitarian one world government takes over I'll be safe.

Enjoy the mp3s. The first is kinda related to this post, the rest are just songs I've been listening to lately.

Anniversary Of An Uninteresting Event - Deftones

Canadian Girl - The Walkmen

Oxford Comma (live) - Vampire Weekend

Civilisation - Joe Gideon and The Shark

Twisterella (live) - Ride

Add It Up - Violent Femmes

2 comments:

  1. That Violent Femmes track is one of the greatest of all time......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I remember exactly where I was, what I was doing and who I was with the first time I heard it. If a song leaves that sort of impression it's got to be great.

    ReplyDelete