Sunday 18 October 2009

Covers for Sunday

After a hectic week today has been, at least so far, a nice calm and relaxing day. I hope it lasts for the rest of the day. I could even live with it extending in to next week as well, although I have my doubts.

This weeks selection is a return to the mixed bag approach after the relaxed folk approach of last week.

First up is Jim James cover of Rocket Man, keeping the folk connection going. The Bad Plus' cover of Life On Mars from a few weeks ago was a pleasantly surprisingly popular choice so I've included another cover from them. This time Wendy Lewis joins the trio on vocals. I've featured a few Radiohead covers from different genres, so more popular than others. This week there's a reggae cover joining the ranks. There's a Smiths cover courtesy of Death Cab For Cutie, and what I think should be described as a romp from Ash as they cover Abba. Lastly there's Kaiser Chiefs cover of The Move. I hope you enjoy them all.

Rocket Man by Jim James (originally by Elton John)

Feeling Yourself Disintegrate by The Bad Plus feat. Wendy Lewis (originally by The Flaming Lips)

Let Down by Easy All-Stars (originally by Radiohead)

This Charming Man by Death Cab For Cutie (originally by The Smiths)

Does Your Mother Know by Ash (originally by Abba)

Flowers In The Rain by Kaiser Chiefs (originally by The Move)

1 comment:

  1. Hearing that Death Cab For Cutie cover gives me a fair idea of where Morrisey's band got their arrangment for their own bombastic (and dreadful) cover....

    ReplyDelete