Sunday 8 November 2009

Covers for Sunday

I Gotta Get Drunk - Redbird (originally by Willie Nelson). Redbird have been one of the bands I've featured most in this blog, especially if you include Peter Mulvey's solo recordings. Partly that's because I really enjoy listening to them, but also it's because I only discovered them just before I started this blog thanks to the excellent Cover Lay Down

Think For Yourself - Yonder Mountain String Band (originally by The Beatles). I think the name of this band makes them sound like a country string quartet. They are however a really rather good bluegrass band.

The Origin Of Love - Jonathan Richman (originally by the cast of Hedwig and the Angry Inch). Any excuse to post something by Jonathan Richman. I'm ashamed of myself for not posting more of his work earlier.

I Can't Help Falling In Love - Eels (originaly by Elvis Presley). Just in case your an Elvis man rather than a Beatles man.

Ballad Of El Goodo - Counting Crows (originally by Big Star). Listening to this reminds me of why I fell in love with The Counting Crows when I heard August and Evrything After.

Knives Out - Brad Mehldau Trio (originally by Radiohead). Judging by the downloads the Brad Mehldau Trio's take on Exit Music (For A Film) was popular so here's another superb interpretation of a Radiohad song by them. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment