Sunday 22 November 2009

Covers for Sunday

Here we go again. Before the songs a quick mention that mediafire is playing up for me. It [i]seems[/i] to be hosting the files properly but the files page on my account is all screwed up. So if you're having problems let me nknow and I'll find an alternative way to host the files.

Anyway, enough of that and on to the music.

Wall Of Death - REM (originally by Richard and Linda Thompson) I first heard this song years ago, it was the b-side to one of the New Adventures in Hi-Fi singles (I think E-Bow The Letter), but it was only today I found out it's a cover.

Blue Hawaiian - Gold Sounds (originally by Pavement). Like Son Volt Pavement is one of those bands I keep getting reccomended but have never really listened to. This recording is immense though.

Waiting Room- Emm Gryner (originally by Fugazi). I had a live female a capella cover of Waiting Room that somehow got deleted. I've never been able to find it again, but I came across this while I was looking for it, so it's not a total waste.

Green River - M Ward (originally by CCR). Totally different from the previous M Ward cover featured here (Rave On) but just as good.

Moments - Spoon (originally by The Kinks) I'm starting to view Spoon and The Kinks as an unbeatable combination.

Postcards From Italy - Florence & The Machine (originally by Beirut). Given how many songs she's covered I'm surprised I haven't featured more of them. Debut album Lungs will be released soon as a 3 disc set.

No comments:

Post a Comment