Saturday 21 November 2009

Live and let live

You know, I can't think of anything to write in the introduction to this post, so let's just go straight to the music.

In The Summertime - Rural Alberta Advantage. From the Luxury Wafer sessions this recording just features Nils Edenloff on guitar and vocals. On the album this song is lead by the superb drumming. This stripped down version works just as well.

Jet Pilot - Son Volt live at Lollapalooza, 2007. Son Volt are one of those bands people tell me I'll love but I never get round to properly listening to them so they get added to the list of bands that, some day, I will dedicate some time to listening to.

Fresh Feeling - Eels, live in concert in Manchester, 2005. A feel good song by Eels? Almost. The album this comes from, Souljacker, was my first ever Eels album and pretty much the first new release I bought after I'd left home.

Ball and Biscuit - The White Stripes. Annoyingly I do have, somewhere, the information for where this track was performed but I can't find it.

Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear, live on Later with Jools Holland. There's a Grizzly Bear quota blogs have to fill, so here's my latest contribution to that.

All We Have Is Now - The Flaming Lips. As with yesterdays post this excellent live session version is included as part of my efforts to feature more original songs by The Flaming Lips since I noticed my blog was shamefully lacking in them.

Enjoy the songs, see you tomorrow for Covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment