Saturday 14 November 2009

Live and let live

Sivad - Miles Davis. Not really what you expect when you hear the name Miles Davis, except of course it is excellent. This is an edited version of the track for a Best Of release. The full, original recording is on Live-Evil.

It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - REM. In my rant about REM in last night's blog I forgot to mention that I do really love their music. They were probably the first band I did fall in love with.This track is from Glastonbury 2003.

Say Please - Monsters of Folk. This was recorded live on the Conan O'Brien Show. Talking about M Ward and how I hadn't got this album yet prompted me to post this. I promise it'll be the last time I refer to last night's blog in this post.

Love Letter To Japan - The Bird and The Bee. I've got a thing for two piece bands (electronica aside), how they get around the logistics of only having two people to play instruments and sing.

Black River Killer - Blitzen Trapper. The band's name sounds like an American Football defensive system, at least to me.

There's Too Much Love - Sufjan Stevens. Really high up on my list of artists I'd like to play a gig locally, even though I think the chances of this are really low.

No comments:

Post a Comment