Friday 20 November 2009

Uncovered on Friday

It's busy week at work, so I didn't have a chance to do proper introductions to last Sunday's covers. I'm sure in time you'll all come to forgive me though.

This is the second week of Uncovered where artists that have been featured in Covers for Sunday have an original song featured. Neat, eh?

Homes Still Your Bones - Jason Bajada. Before today all I had by Montrealer Jason Bajada was his cover of Wolf Parade's You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son. A bit of looking around and listening and I've found a couple of tracks to listen to. Neither o0f them are as good as the cover of You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son on first listen, but given how good the cover is that's hardly a big negative.

The End - The Sarcastic Dharma Society. This is one of my favourite band names ever. This song is a very short piano and vocal song. It's also very good, Mat Vuksinich's voice is so distintive and always a pleasure to listen to.

Waitin' For A Superman - The Flaming Lips. I've posted covers by The Flaming Lips on a few occasions and even a cover of a Flaming Lips song but never The Flaming Lips playing one of there own songs. Shame on me. I wasn't sure if I should post this or the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Song. In the end I think there's more chance of you not having heard this before so it got the nod.

For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti - Sufjan Stevens. I had no idea which Sufjan Stevens song to select, so I chose this because, as well as being awesome, I love the title.

When It Started - The Strokes. The song that replaced New York City Cops on the US release of Is This It. I think in a lot of ways this sounds more like it comes from 3rd album First Impressions of Earth.

Even Flow - Pearl Jam. Originally in Covers for Sunday I posted The Strokes feat. Eddie Vedder covering Mercy, Mercy Me. However I don't have any Eddie Vedder solo tracks on my hard drive that aren't covers so instead you're getting a fairly well known Pearl Jam song. I know it's deviating from the rules somewhat but I don't care because they're my rules and it's a great song so the rules can and will be bent.

No comments:

Post a Comment