Sunday 8 November 2009

Live and let live

Another busy week, sorry about the lack of posts. Sometime next week I'll be starting a new regular weekly series and hopefully have a random post or two to throw in.

Here's your six live songs.

A Design For Life - Manic Street Preachers, live on Later With Jools Holland. The Monday morning after this performance was shown on TV everyone I knew was talking about it. Everything Must Go apart I've never been a huge fan of the Manics but the whole album just seemed perfectly in sync with everything going on around at the time.

Take It Or Leave It - The Strokes, live on The Late Show with David Letterman. Another band that defined a period of time, for me at least, this is pretty much The Strokes at their peak.

Common People by Pulp, live at Glastonbury. When I came home from school I used to go and liberate Different Class from my brother's room and listen to it before he got home from work. The joys of being the youngest child.

Crying Lightning by Arctic Monkeys, live session version.

Glass by Bats For Lashes, live session version.

Spanish Dance Troupe by Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, live session version. I don't think anywhere near enough people have heard have these. They've got such a lovely sound, kinda like a Welsh Belle and Sebastien. I realise that may be a terrible comparison, but it's 1:30am so if it is I hope you'll forgive me.

2 comments:

  1. You are forgiven.

    Gorky's were a fabulous band, albeit a bit of an acquired taste sometimes thanks to insisting on some lyrics being sung in their native Welsh language.

    The LP Barafundle is a good place to start for anyone who is curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you're kinder than I deserve.

    ReplyDelete