Sunday 15 August 2010

Covers for Sunday

Only five songs for you this week, but you know I'll make it up to you.

Hungry For Your Love by Glen Hansard (originally by Van Morrison). You may remember Glen Hansard's brilliant cover of Hairshirt. If you do ou already know how good this is going to be. If you don't, well, you're in for a treat.

How Come That Blood by Sam Amidon (originally by Bessie Jones). Something that got thrown up on shuffle today and before it was halfway through I knew it'd be posted on Covers for Sunday. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

It Ain't Me Babe by Robin Pecknold (originally by Bob Dylan). Better known as the lead vocalist from Fleet Foxes Robin Pecknold delivers a fantastic cover of this classic.

All I Want Is You by Mark Geary (originally by U2). This is one of my favourite U2 songs, it's got that sort of understated hyperbole that should be impossible but that U2 in their prime pulled off all the time.

Hateful by No Doubt (originally by The Clash). Hateful is possibly my favourite Clash song. Certainly my favourite of their non-singles. This is a pretty good cover from the days before Gwen Stefani decided to be a pop diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment