Monday 23 August 2010

Covers for Sunday

It's been a quiet week I know/ I took the end of the week off from blogging to celebrate the 5th anniversary of my wife and I being married. Every day with her has been a blessing and every day she's resisted the temptation to bludgeon me to death is a small miracle.

Here are your covers for this week:

Save Me A Place by White Arrows (originally by Fleetwood Mac). I'm sure I've mentioned before, but I've never been a fan of Fleetwood Mac. Covers like this make me think they may be worth revisiting. It's in a similar vein to Vampire Weekend's cover of Everywhere and is worth listening to.

Dancing In The Dark by Julian Casablancas (originally by Bruce Springsteen). This may be the best Springsteen cover I've ever heard.

End Of The World by Girls (originally by Skeeter Davis). Plenty of blog hype for Girls, I'm not sure they always deserve it but this cover is absolutely top notch.

Across The Universe by Fiona Apple (originally by The Beatles). This should be pretty self-explanatory. It's a great song covered by a singer with a really goodd voice. Not surprisingly it works really well.

Cowgirl In The Sand by Julian Plenti (originally by Neil Young). It's been a while since I've featured a Neil Young cover and this, by Interpol's Paul Banks, is a good way to rectify that.

1 comment:

  1. Check this A-M-A-Z-I-N-G cover by a band called "At Freddy's House"!! Great, strong piano cover of "Dancing in the Dark":

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAxyy7-ftpw

    ReplyDelete