Thursday 7 January 2010

Unaffected by the snow

I've been meaning to post all week, but it got held back to today. I decided to post when I got back from shopping, but then friends came round and it got held back even further. But here it is.

You read that right, I managed to go out shopping. I manage to survive in snow without sheltering inside until all has melted. At least my kids are happy, they were supposed to go back to school today but it's closed for the rest of the week. I never had a day off school because of the snow and yes, I am bitter.

Anyway, on to the music.

Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles. Last weeks Covers for Sunday contained The Beatles cover of Twist & Shout. That was the first song by The Beatles ever to make it into this blog. I'm a bit ashamed of that, so I'm making amends. We were listening to The Beatles at the dinner table when this song came on and my son informed me they'd already listened to it this morning on You Tube. By Cheryl Cole. My wife had played it for them, but claimed she didn't know it was by that talentless Geordie. I have my doubts. Obviously I'm going to have to put passwords on the computer to protect my kids.

Roadrunner by Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers. This is a song I used to hate. I have no idea why. But slowly over the last year or so I've fallen in love with Jonathan Richman and his music.

Rad Pitt by Egyptian Hip Hop. Not hip hop and not from Egypt. From Manchester in fact. Pretty good though and well worth a listen.

Parasites by Soft Pack. One of my recent favourite bands, from San Diego/LA they sound to me like they should be from Brooklyn.

Staring At The Sun by TV On The Radio. 3 months into a year off, I hope this means we'll have a new album for next Christmas rather than a Strokes like wait for new material.

Ain't No Surf in Portobello - The Valves. Classic 70's Scottish punk.

No comments:

Post a Comment