Friday 29 January 2010

Uncovered on Friday

1972 Bronze Medalist by The Bad Plus. I like to think this song is about Vladimir Dzurilla, although I'm certain it isn't. Apparantly his day job was fridge repairman. Between Thought and Expression, your source for pointless Cold War ere hockey player trivia.
This song was composed by Dave King who has his first solo album out soon. You can listen to a stream of one of the tracks here.

Gimme Sympathy (acoustic version) by Metric. Easily the best band to be named after a system of measurement.

Written In Reverse (live) by Spoon. I'd love it if Spoon would just record a full album of Kinks covers. Actually, a double album. Not that there own albums are in anyway bad.

Johnny Guitar by Grant Lee Phillips. From the album Strangelet. A strangelet is a group of different types of quarks. There are six types of quarks. up, down, strange and I can't remember the others. These types are called flavours. All of which confirms, physicists are terrible at anming things.

The Dark of the Matinée (live) by Franz Ferdinand. I listened to this album a lot in 2004 when I was recovering from really bad pneumonia. It has lovely memories for me, just listening to it and slowly getting better, it always cheers me up.

Angel Interceptor by Ash. I've never been a huge fan, but this and Oh Yeah were huge songs when I was at college. Probably the best song with a Captain Scarlet reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment