Saturday 2 January 2010

Uncovered on Saturday.

Protection by Ben Folds. Ben Folds is one of those odd artists where I much prefer the covers he does to his original work.

Untitled instrumental by Elliot Smith. This was discovered/leaked pretty recently. Elliot Smith is the anti-Ben Folds for me, I love his covers and his original work.

Kingdom Of Rust by Doves. Originally I was going to put There Goes The Fear in this post. I love it, it's such an epic song. But more or less everyone who has heard a song by Doves has heard it, so I decided to include a more recent one instead, the title track from last years album.

Millstone by Brand New. I only seriously listened to this band when I was researching this blog. I suggest you all find some of their music and listen to it.

Come On Baby Let's Go Downtown by Neil Young. When I first started Covers for Sunday I featured Neil Young covering a song or being covered (usually by Thom Yorke or Radiohead) more or less every week.

I Don't Live Today (live) by Jimi Hendrix. This was recorded live at San Diego, California, on May 24, 1969. It's vintage live Hendrix, including a brief segue into the Star Spangled Banner. Absolutely brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment