Saturday 9 January 2010

Uncovered

Again, I'm halfway through writing the post, I accidentally close the tab and find that blogger hasn't saved any of it. Rather frustrating, so please excuse my brevity today.

Apply Some Pressure by Maximo Park. Music from Wearside. Music from Tyneside = PJ & Duncan. Just saying.

Lyrics To Go by A Tribe Called Quest (Dan The Automator remix). Dan The Automator's cover of Rappers Delight is by far the most popular track I've ever posted. I was tempted to post a track by Lovage here instead, but there's so little hip hop in this blog I decided to go down that route instead. I'm sure some Lovage will find its way to the blog eventually, and hopefully so will some more hip hop.

Perhaps Vampires is a Bit Strong But... by Arctic Monkeys. I've been listening to this a load lately, the whole album has aged really well.

Knife by Grizzly Bear. It seems like an age since Veckatimest was released, although it's only 8 months. It was probably the most anticipated indie album of 2009. This track is from 2006 album Yellow House, an album I think is overlooked now despite it's excellence.

Sell Out by Reel Big Fish. This sounds like it is a missing track from Mother's Milk. I really got into this song because it was on the soundtrack to FIFA 2000 and we played that all the time at university. When we weren't studying of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment