Friday 15 January 2010

Uncovered on Friday

Originally I had another post planned for today and this was going to be posted tomorrow. Due to unforeseen circumstances you're getting this today instead and the post you were going to get today will be up tomorrow.

Mistake - Moby. When I was a first year at university every other student I knew owned Play. people with a few hundred albums owned it and so did the people with two or three albums. It was almost omni-present/ Mistake is from Moby's most recent album, Wait for Me. So, nothing at all to do with Play. Sorry about that.

WTF - OK Go. I know I don't post a lot of new music here. That's not because I don't listen to new music and like it, it's just I'd prefer to have the chance to listen to music for a while before I tell people it is worth their time listening to it. This is new though, the first single from the new OK Go album.

Promises - The Morning Benders. Another new song, this is the lead-off single from the new album from The Morning Benders.

Art Star - Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Back to some old music. this is from Yeah Yeah Yeahs first release, the self-titled EP. This song isn't to everyone's taste but I think it's pretty fantastic.

Crystalised - The XX. I know there debut album was almost universally praised as being fantastic but I've never been able to get into it that much. I'll listen to it and enjoy but there's never any compulsion to put it on again. On the other hand this track is fantastic.

Murder in the City - The Avett Brothers. The very first song posted on this blog was by The Avett Brothers. I guess they're mostly well known for their livlier songs, especially live but this is a slower song, just as good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment